Sunday, February 6, 2011

HAPPY 100 BIRTHDAY RONALD REAGAN

                            
     

                     
After the wall fell I recall looking at my globe, the one my grandparents’ had given me to help with my geography homework. I sat at the kitchen table in our tiny little run-down house with the secondhand black and white television (we were pretty poor when I was young) listening to the news and looking at East and West Germany on my globe thinking that the Replogle people were going to have to recast it because the boundaries had changed, the whole world had changed.

And it was in large part to a man named Ronald Reagan.
I thought of that again as I stood on the patio and watched the sun set over that piece of wall right outside the Reagan Library. Physical, tangible possibilities, that is what it represented to me, and that’s the lesson I learned from Ronald Reagan.

Dana Loesch

                     
                   

No comments:

Post a Comment