Monday, January 24, 2011

GEOFF FOX PERMANENTLY OFF THE AIR AT WTNH

Very depressing news from Geoff Fox. 


To my friends and colleagues -
A few weeks ago when I learned there would be no new contract for me I was told I’d return on-air at WTNH following my vacation this Wednesday. That will not happen. Mark Higgins, WTNH general manager, told me he has changed his mind because all of this has become a distraction. Though not what I expected, this is his call to make.
Don’t think your voices weren’t heard. They were. They have had a most profound effect on me and my family.
People are let go from jobs every day, but few are blessed with the kind of warm and loving outpouring you have given me. You have made this awful situation bearable. In many ways your response has made it all worthwhile!
Some of you told me how I’ve touched or even became part of your family. The more I read the more I understood the depth of your emotion. It’s a two-way street. I care just as deeply for and about you.
I had 26 years at 8 Elm Street. That’s a helluva run. Nothing can take that away.
As anyone with that kind of tenure can tell you it wasn’t always perfect, but it was very good. Up until my last day on-the-air I was treated with respect. I will have nothing bad to say about WTNH and LIN.
Many of you will be upset by this turn of events. It is proper for you to consider this episode as you go forward. However, it would be wrong for you to take this out on my colleagues who still work there or even the person who ultimately takes my job. These people were not involved in any of this.
 Geoff is a class act and here is some video to prove it.



    

Geoff informs us that he is looking at other job offers both inside and outside CT. Lets hope he finds a station that will appreciate him as much as the viewers in the CT market did.

No comments:

Post a Comment